Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Quick Overview

As the book "what to Expect When You're Expecting" says..."every pregnancy is different, here are so things to look for this month..." or something like that.
Yes, I know every pregnancy is different, but it seems like all my friends who have had babies had an easy, wonderful glowing pregnancy...where is my glow??? Hahaha:) Here is a quick break down (in case you saw me in the last couple weeks and wondering what in the world was wrong:)

Week 4: Took about 4-5 at home pregnancy tests....just to make sure. EXCITED!!!

Week 5: EXCITED....pretending everything is normal because I can't tell anyone.

Week 6: Oh my gosh! What happened? Everything was going so well. Why do I feel like death? Laying my head down on the reading table while a student reads to me and eating saltines and drinking ginger ale - glowing green:)

Week 7: Believe it or not, WORSE than last week!!! week 6 and add disgusted by most food. TJ was out of town this week. I tried to be good, but it was impossible. I would make a nice healthy dinner, sit down to eat, and package it right up and put it in the fridge...it wasn't happening.

Week 8: Getting better....had our first ultrasound, heard and saw the heartbeat. What a miraculous experience! Feeling better that the baby is doing ok, and starting to eat....pizza, yep, thats pretty much it, just pizza:) We also had the excitement of telling family....that experience was much more special that I thought it would be.

Week 9: Borderline...some days are good and some days are not. This was also the last full week of school...all in all I am thankful it was nothing like weeks 6 and 7.

Week 10: Last week of school!!!! Feeling great! I surprisingly had energy, eating pizza and a few other things, but still mostly pizza, clothes are still fitting, and still being fairly patient with my students:) Had 2nd ultrasound this week, which was really just a physical, but they couldn't hear the heartbeat from the outside, so they did a quick ultrasound to check everything out. That's when baby was being SO GOOD and waved to mommy and the doctor and the nurse. Baby is doing great!

Week 11: Taking Baby to San Diego. Baby did really well. Mommy was only sick 2 days I think, and ate more than just pizza! Me and Baby did lots of walking and let me tell you, Baby does not like to be too hot or too cold and does not like to have an empty or almost empty stomach. So, I spent much of the week keeping baby perfectly happy. We had a great time, but I needed 3 days to recover when we got home....did LOTS of sleeping!

Week 12: Oh, the week I had been waiting for....no more morning/afternoon/night sickness, the glow, etc. NOPE NOPE and NOPE...not yet:) I am confident it is coming...it has to, right? That's what I'm praying for. We had another ultrasound this week and it was lots of fun. My mom got to come along and was very excited, to say the least. We watched the baby sleep, kick, jump, and put his/her hands over their ears while the technician tried to get the readings she needed....she never got them. BUT everything looks great, very strong heartbeat and LOTS of growth in the past month - amazing!

Week 13........we will see what tomorrow brings:)

No comments:

Post a Comment