Monday, July 23, 2012
Week 16
What is Baby up to: Baby is weighing somewhere between 3-5 ounces and measuring about 4-5 inches this week. The muscles are getting stronger, the eyes are positioned and are beginning to make movements, although the eyelids are shut. The baby is also becoming sensitive to light and touch. They say if I poke my belly the baby will squirm around, but I probably won't be able to feel anything yet. However, some websites I read say that I could feel some "butterfly flutters" this week, so when I lay down to go to bed, I do "feel for them."
Wait a second...what fruit is my baby the size of....let me google.......an avocado!!!! Oh, just found some other interesting information.....the baby is able to pick up the sound of my voice now and IF I was to get an ultrasound this week, we could possibly know the gender....but sorry folks, that won't be happening!
Mama: I hate to say it because I so badly want it to be true, but I am feeling a little better, most days. I even had 2 GOOD days last week - it was awesome! Baby really likes ice cream and it just so happened that my good days were the days that following an evening treat of ice cream...hummmm....we may be on to something. The book I am reading says I may experience "occasional headaches" I wish, its more like daily headaches. I am worried about the weight gain. The scale is so scary, but things don't really seem to be getting that big in any other place than the belly/back/hip area. I took some measurements and the belly is 31 inches around the belly button, that doesn't seem so bad, right? It's not really the belly I'm worried about, its the butt, haha.
Other than that, I am just waiting for a flutter:)
Baby Preparations: The quilt has been purchased, we are looking at cribs, and the closet project is well under way. The closet doors are almost complete and we think we know which closet organizer is going in. Once the quilt arrives we will pick out paint!!! Oh, and Buster is learning how to fetch a diaper:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment