Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 13

This is a big week...last official week of the first trimester. Let see what the baby is up to....

Baby: The size of a peach, only 3 weeks ago baby was the size of a prune! The baby is 3 inches long. Until now the intestines have been forming inside the umbilical cord, but this week they will make their way into their position in the baby's abdomen. The baby is also developing his/her vocal cords. And just for a little catching up, arms, legs, hands, feet, fingers, toes, eyes, nose, mouth, and ears are all formed and visable. The eyes are however moving closer together.

Mama Body: Belly is expanding and getting firm. The uterus has moved to the front of the abdomen...maybe the reason it feels firm?

I was soooo hoping to make it through the summer in my shorts. So far everything is still ok, but most of my shorts do not button anymore and I have made an investment in a belly band to enable me to continue wearing my shorts as long as possible.

Symptoms: I'm tired, and do not sleep well. I must eat when I feel a little hungry. I do not like meat. morning/afternoon/evening sickness is still inconsistent. Baby is taking a little bit of a toll on mama's skin, so most of the time I am not wearing make-up, sorry! Heartburn - yes. Occasional headaches - yes. Wondering what the baby is doing in there - yes!

Preparations for baby: none really.....we looked and debated about closet organizers, but that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment