Today I had the wonderful glucose test. This is the test for gestational diabetes. The test consists of three rounds of blood being taken and a yummy sugary drink, oh and fasting overnight. All in all it really wasn't bad! The worst part was getting to the appointment without eating or drinking anything (except water). The sugary drink tasted good to me, and as long as I don't look, getting blood drawn isn't bad either.
I love my doctors office! Because I had to be there for 2 hours, they went ahead and scheduled an appointment for me:) Everything went really well. I asked the doctor to feel the baby and help me tell what is what and how the baby is positioned. He/she is head down on my right side, butt next to my belly button (or what's left of my belly button) and so the kicks I feel are mostly towards the back, but sometimes over to the top left. We talked about labor....my newest fear "oh, no, the baby has to come out, but how?" hahaha.
I am measuring 26cm for 29 weeks. He wasn't concerned and said I am small, and have a small belly, and he wants me to have a small baby (6-7lbs). I told him I will remind him of that in a few weeks:)
I had a rough afternoon just not feeling right, took a nap and rested. I did get some very cute things I ordered from Gymboree, so to make this post more interesting I will show you one.....it's for an infant, so maybe Baby will come home in it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment